Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » eangola

Nov-03-14 18:15:57
export a model of a squirrel cage induction machine to a python program.

Hi people,

I've been working on a fundamental time-domain wind turbine model for wind power studies. The model consists in 4 control blocks; aerodynamic block, mechanical block, electrical block, and control block. I already programmed and tested all blocks but the electrical block. For the electrical block I need to model an induction generator, for which I need a squirrel cage induction machine. This induction generator takes the angular velocity (wgen) of the generator itself, which is calculated using a state space approach from the mechanical block. The induction generator should then return the electrical torque from the generator(Telectrical) . In short; the input for the squirrel cage induction machine is wgen and the output is Telectrical.

My program is written in python and I was hoping I could import a squirrel cage induction machine from open modelica into my program as an object that takes wgen as an input and returns Telectrical as an output. I am 100% new to open-modelica so I really have no clue on how to do this, and I was hoping you guys could guide me into the right direction to solve my problem.

The data/parameters I have for my induction generator are:

Jg(generator moment of inertia): 81.2 kg mm
Pgen(generator rated power): 1500 kW
Sgen(generator apparent power): 1670 kVA
Sgen(generator pole pairs): 3
Vrated(generator rated voltage): 690 V
Irated(generator rated current): 1397 A
Fn(nominal frequency): 60 Hz

I really appreciate your help, and please let me know if more information is needed.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » eangola
You are here: