Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » terrysnow63

thank you that worked
Took about 30 minutes to install whole library

Now no errors , and tutorial simulation is running

Update, I have done a
port self update
port upgrade outdated
port upgrade openmodelica-devel

I have confirmed Xcode is installed as per macports

When I first launch OMEdit I get two scripting errors reported

"Error: Failed to load package Complex (3.2.1,default) using MODELICAPATH /opt/local/lib/omlibrary:/Users/terrysnow/.openmodelica/libraries/."

and

"Error: Failed to load package ModelicaReference (default) using MODELICAPATH /opt/local/lib/omlibrary:/Users/terrysnow/.openmodelica/libraries/."

Hi I am a brand new user to Modelica and OMEdit, so apologies  in advance for basic questions.
I downloaded OpenModelica yesterday and after many reinstalls, reading the forum etc I have got OMEdit running, and I am trying to work through the tutorials.

I cannot run any basic simulations, probably because I have butchered the installation.

I am running OpenModelica on a Mac OSX 10.9.2

When I try to run the introductory tutorial for Resistor , Inductor circuit, I get the error

"[/opt/local/lib/omlibrary/Modelica 3.2.1/Constants.mo:19:3-19:98:readonly] Error: Variable ModelicaServices.Machine.eps not found in scope Modelica.Constants.
[/opt/local/lib/omlibrary/Modelica 3.2.1/Blocks/Sources.mo:567:5-567:43:readonly] Error: Variable Modelica.Constants.pi not found in scope Modelica.Blocks.Sources.Sine.
Error: Error occurred while flattening model RLCCircuitTest
"

Following the forum discussions on these sorts of errors it looks like I have not installed a library correctly.

I have tried
loadModel(Modelica)
from OMShell

and got

Error: Failed to load package Complex (3.2.1,default) using MODELICAPATH /opt/local/lib/omlibrary:/Users/terrysnow/.openmodelica/libraries/.

So I guess I am missing the Complex Package,
I thought that I could load the library, using OMEdit File>Load Library, and was able to navigate to where I thought the library would be

opt\openmodelica\lib\omlibrary\Modelica_LinearSystems2 2.3.1\WorkInProgress\Math\Complex

but I can't see a library to load from.

Sorry , this is a probably a basic error, but the tutorial and forum threads are more advanced than my current level of competence.
Any guidance is appreciated

thanks
Terry

• Index
  • » Users
  • » terrysnow63
You are here: