Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Chanakya

Aug-22-13 16:43:07
Topic: ERROR
I am trying to solve a nonlinear equation and I came accross an error
Category: Programming

Dear Members,

I am working on Modelica code to solve a nonlinear equation. Unfortunately, I am unable to solve it due to following error

ERROR: Failed to solve non-linear system using Newton solver.To get more information: Turn on Simulation/Setup/Debug/Nonlinear solver diagnostics/DetailsSolution to systems of equations not found at time = 0   Nonlinear system of equations number = 2   Infinity-norm of residue = 0.0923604   Iteration is not making good progress.   Accumulated number of residue calculations: 600   Last values of solution vector:tz_NLSpring3D1.lineForce.flange_b.f = 0
   Last values of residual vector:{ 0.0923604 }
Trying homotopy
ERROR: Failed to solve non-linear system using Newton solver.To get more information: Turn on Simulation/Setup/Debug/Nonlinear solver diagnostics/DetailsSolution to systems of equations not found at time = 0   Nonlinear system of equations number = 2   Infinity-norm of residue = 0.00763961   Iteration is not making good progress.   Accumulated number of residue calculations: 987   Last values of solution vector:tz_NLSpring3D1.lineForce.flange_b.f = 0
   Last values of residual vector:{ -0.00763961 }
Error: Failed to start model.

What could be the reason? I am really struggling to find what is the problem and I failed. Please try to give me you valuable suggestions, so that I can make some progress.

Thank you,

--
Regards
Chanakya

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Chanakya
You are here: