Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » DavidB

Aug-31-12 18:12:30
How to create or use additional libraries in OMEdit?

This might be one of those questions with a blindingly obvious answer, or else I am trying to do something the developers never intended...
Anyway, I am very inexperienced with modeling and simulation, but I am interested in learning about it.  I have downloaded and installed OpenModelica 1.8.1, and have been following the examples and tutorials in OMNotebook, and OMEdit, with some success.  I also downloaded some additional (free) libraries, and would like to use them in OMEdit, but I can't seem to figure out how to load a new library.  Is a library the same thing as a package?  I have been trying to load the libaries using the File>Open>Package command, but the libraries show up as blank, and they are only in the ModelicaFiles tab, rather than the ModelicaLibrary tab.
I have tried copying the libraries into the "C:/OpenModelica1.8.1/lib/omlibrary" folder, but they don't seem to load from there either.  The only thing I can find in the documentation talks about using the Standard Library, but no mention (anywhere I can find) of how to open or create a library in OMEdit.
Help?  Is this a dumb thing to do, or is it something that is planned, but not yet implemented yet?  Or am I just doing it wrong?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » DavidB
You are here: