Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » mblouin2

Jul-13-12 04:27:54
Cannot properly change the annotations of a parameter within a class.
Category: Developer

Thank you adeas! Your implication will be of great help.

I would like to clarify my intentions for bug #2. First of all, I am using Dymola. At least in Dymola, the Dialog() annotation is accepted to generate drop-downs, checkboxes and others to choose values for parameters, within a class.

Moreover, I would like to add personalized annotations, to store additional data. For example, I would like to be able to write the following annotation:

parameter Real testReal annotation(Placement(transformation(.....)), my_custom_annotation(data(x=1, y=2)))

I would expect something like the following to work:

updateComponent(testReal, Real, test, annotate=(Placement(transformation=transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}}))), my_custom_annotation(data=data(x=1, y=2)))

But updateComponent doesn't seem to accept multiple annotations, even if it returns true...

Again, thanks a lot for your help and time!

Jul-12-12 21:20:00
Cannot properly change the annotations of a parameter within a class.
Category: Developer

Hi developers!

I am currently using OMC, controlled with OMShell, to manage modelica files. I have encountered an issue regarding annotations updating. I have a few questions/issues, and I am very open to suggestions and help!

Here is some sample code that I am trying to modify:

package test
    parameter Real testReal "This is a real parameter";
end test;

Bug 1- First of all, to change/add annotations, I am using the function "updateComponent()", in OMShell.

>>> updateComponent(testReal, Real, test, annotate=Placement(transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}})))
    true

Now that works. However, the annotation takes a very weird format:

Expected: parameter Real testReal "This is a real parameter" annotation(Placement(transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}})));
    Actual:       parameter Real testReal "This is a real parameter" annotation(Placement = transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}}));

Which is wrong!

Bug 2- When trying to add multiple annotations, the function returns true, but does nothing...

>>> updateComponent(testReal, Real, test, annotate=(Placement(transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}}))),Dialog())
    true

That works too (returns true). However, the function does nothing.

Expected: parameter Real testReal "This is a real parameter" annotation(Placement(transformation(extent = {{1,2},{3,4}})), Dialog());
    Actual:       parameter Real testReal "This is a real parameter";

My question(s):

-Can anybody think of any better way to change annotations for parameters?

-Am I using the "annotate=" argument in a wrong fashion?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mblouin2
You are here: