Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » IfES-Luke

Hello,

I have also a question to the flag "csvInput". Is it possible to load the input as constant segments via the csvInput flag (like it is possible in combitimetable)?

Best regards,
Lukas

Mar-03-22 09:44:14
displayUnit is not exported to the .xml - file via fmu-export

Hello,

I'um using the API-Call "convertMo2Fmu()" to export a modelica model into an fmu. After that I want to reload the model via fmpy (to python). Unfortunately via the API-call "convertMo2Fmu()" the information "displayUnit" is lost. So if I open the *.xml-file of the model, there are only the following informations:

<!-- Index of variable = "9" -->
  <ScalarVariable
    name="P"
    valueReference="15"
    description="electrical power"
    causality="output"
    >
    <Real nominal="1000.0" unit="W"/>
  </ScalarVariable>
  <!-- Index of variable = "10" -->

In this example displayUnit should be "kW". And a second question:

Is it possible to export the annotation into the xml-file? For example:
parameter Real pi_charge_max(quantity = "1/Time", unit = "1/s", displayUnit = "1/h") = pi "Power to capacity ratio" annotation(Dialog(tab = "design"));

--> tab = "design"

Dec-23-21 16:58:16
static glib_c dependencies in FMU

I want to simulate a FMU via pyfmi on a HPC Cluster. Unfurtanately there is called the following error, if I simulate an OpenModelica FMU:

pyfmi.fmi.FMUException: Error loading the binary. Could not load the FMU binary: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIB_2.29` not found (required by .../EnSysLib_SystemModels_Tests_slim_fmu.so)

I'm not an export in C, but I have read that the glibc should not be statical linked. I want to avoid the overhead usage of a singularity container. Is it possible to run OpenModelica exported FMUs on the HPC?

Best regards,
Lukas Koenemann

Dec-23-21 12:06:12
intetrage powerful solver like "dassl" in fmu-CS export

Thank you for the fast response!

If I understand it right, CVODE is just a solver for stiff and nonstiff ordinary differential equation (ODE) systems. Dassl is also a solver for implicit systems of differential equations. I'm not an expert in solvers for differential equations, but in my understanding and experience "Dassl" is much more stable, robuste and have a better performance for different kind of DAE. Thats why it would be useful to export the models also with this solver.

I'm using the FMUs to simulate the models in python (via pyfmi). I coupled the pyfmi interface for FMUs with an artificial intellegence tool which calls the simulation very often and therefore it would be highly usefull to have robuste solvers integrated.

Best regards,
Lukas

Dec-23-21 10:51:25
intetrage powerful solver like "dassl" in fmu-CS export

Hello,
I'm using OpenModelica to simulate energysystems. Currently I use the "translateFMU" function to export Modelica models into FMUs. The FMU standard allows to integrate the sovler for the equation system. Currently OpenModelica only provides the possibility to export the CVode solver. It would be usefull to export other powerfull solvers like "dassl". Is this possible?

Best regards,
Lukas Koenemann

• Index
  • » Users
  • » IfES-Luke
You are here: