Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

["Problem" Solved]Inaccurate results with simple electrical circuit

["Problem" Solved]Inaccurate results with simple electrical circuit

EDIT: The results were correct. I was comparing the openModelica's simulation with the one I made in another software, with the difference that I forgot to adjust the ramp time of the source in the other program. After making that correction the results obtained were very similar.

Hi!

I am obtaining inaccurate results when I simulate very simple electrical circuits in openModelica, which is intriguing me a lot..

Using the Modelica connection editor I built a simple model of a transmission line with a single pi section (only a resistor in series with an inductor) and added an inductor as a load at the end of the line . The  transiente response obtained after simulating the circuit has a dc level that makes the current waveform of the circuit vary between 0 to a peak when in reality it should vary from -peak to peak and the transient takes a long time to end, compared to the simulations I made using other softwares.

I imagine there is something I must configure to obtain accurate results, though I have no ideia about what's wrong since both the circuits tested are very simple.

I would appreciate if anyone could teach me on how to solve that problem.

In case anyone is interested in seeing my simulation configuration I am sending a link from which you can download the model:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9ynluyare3hy … se_test.mo

Edited by: Ariadne - May-07-13 01:11:33
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: