Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

behaviour of OMEdit

behaviour of OMEdit

Hello,

I experienced a nasty behaviour of OMEdit and I am thus wondering whether it is a bug or a feature.
I wrote a test.mo file with my perferred editor which contained several classes:

model AA
end AA;
model BB
end BB;
connector XX
end XX;
model CC
... (using all of the above mentioned)
end CC;

Then I opened the file in OMEdit. Since all of the classes also included the icons, the whole system was nicely presented, simulation worked everything fine - until I changed something in the model CC from within OMEdit and saved the changes. A new run failed. The reason was that saving from within OMEdit changed the file test.mo so as to contain only the definition of model CC ;(((

OMEdit did not even create a backup file. I must say, that this behaviour came completely unexpected and is quite different from the editors I am used to (gedit, emacs, vi). I do not see any advantage either. I therefore can imagine that this is a bug. If not, what is the reason for such a behaviour?

al

Re: behaviour of OMEdit

Its a known bug, https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/2122
The problem is with the OpenModelica interactive scripting environment.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic