Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problem with overlaping connector-icons

Problem with overlaping connector-icons

Hello,
i built a model containing thermal and electrical equation parts (in Dymola so far). And inherited some connectors like the OnePort from the Modelica MSL in a first step. Modelica puts the connector (pin) icons on the left and right side of the icon of the model. Now i added a new extended TwoPort connector for the thermal part. In the icon of the model the thermal and electrical connectors (ports & pins) overlap and i can't find a way to change their positions and i can't connect my thermal components once the electrical are connected.
If i open the original connector i can change the position of the pins in the icon but in my (inherited) model i can't move them at all.
As far as i can see the position of the icon is declared in an annotation.
As i don't want to create for each new application a special connector with special pin positions i would like to know how i can change the positions of these inherited connectors? So if modelica provides inheritance to reuse models (modeling knowledge) and also includes the concept of inheritance through modification. How can i modify the position (placement) of an icon in annotation? In my case the "Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Interfaces.OnePort" includes up-to two pins, whom need to be moved to another position. I have no idea how to realize this!
For instance i would like to put both electrical connector-icons (pins) on the left and both thermal-icons on the right side of the model icon.

Here's an image to show  the problem
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4811/unnamedo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope you can help.

Best Regards

Edited by: saiph74 - Mar-18-13 17:38:00

Re: Problem with overlaping connector-icons

Well i didn't find an elegant answer/solution to my problem.
But one could add the pin's and port's separatly to the model avoid this overlaping, as it is possible to declare their position (placement) in the annotation part.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: