Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

.plt file not created

.plt file not created

Sir, i am working in simforge GUi compiler in open modelica platform 1.6.
I have created a model which is compiled sucessfully with no errors, but results plt file is not getting generated.
Do I have to give any path name and .plt file name for my results to create?
What are the files that gets created after compiling a model.

Re: .plt file not created

The model probably does not simulate correctly. The files generated are specified by the filename prefix given to the simulation command (default is the model-name).

Use getErrorString() to get additional error-messages. Use only OMShell or command-line omc to get the error-messages.

Or simply upgrade to a modern OpenModelica (plt data format is very inefficient).

Sir, I have checked the errors in omc tools window in simforge. It is not showing any error. Number of equations and variable are equal and the model has compiled successfilly.
Can you give me the link from where I can get the latest plt data format and how it has to be installed.

Actually, my model is getting compiled and plot window is slso getting opened up. But, the plot are showing results of the previous compilation and the present plt is not getting generated.

The latest omc does not use plt format or SimForge. You can get it here https://openmodelica.org/index.php/download. Older omc (and SimForge) have these problems.

The fact that the windows version of omc 1.6 says compilation succeeded does not mean a thing, because older versions of omc on windows failed to check the exit status of gcc. So compilation might have failed and your model simply uses the old result. Or the simulation executable died before it could start writing to the result file.

Sir,
I have tried to compile my model in open modelica compiler 1.9, but its showing the following error in Simulation Ouput Window:
debug | ### START INITIALIZATION ###
debug | initialization method: state [default initialization method]
| optimization method: nelder_mead_ex [Nelder-Mead method with global homotopy]
| update start values: true
debug | updating start-values:
| B.Vwd(start=27.380000)
debug | Number of sorted, unique sample events: 0
open: Invalid argument
apparent state: unit 12 named c:rror.TXT
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I am not able to understand where is problum??????

I would need to see the gdb backtrace to figure out the chain of calls. All I can tell from this is that a f2c-translated function failed.

how can i check f2c-translated function is failed or not???

My model is getting compiled with equal number of equations and variables, but plt file is not getting generated.
It shows the following error when I run it:
errore durante il caricamento

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic