Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Errors when building OM (trunk)

Errors when building OM (trunk)

I'm getting the following errors when trying to build OM trunk on OpenSuse 12.2. They mean nothing to me.
So is this something I've done wrong or is there a problem?

Code:

mkdir -p build/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d/blender2.59 build/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d/osg-gtk/

cp -p 3rdParty/modelica3d/examples/multibody/src/modelica/*.mo build/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d/
cp -p 3rdParty/modelica3d/backends/blender2.59/dbus-server.py build/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d/blender2.59/
cp -p 3rdParty/modelica3d/backends/osg-gtk/python/dbus-server.py build/lib/omlibrary-modelica3d/osg-gtk/
g++ -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -DUSE_CORBA -DUSE_OMNIORB   -c -o omc_communication.o omc_communication.cc
In file included from ../MOVector.h:156:0,
                 from ../Variables.h:4,
                 from ../Variables.cpp:1:
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’:
../Variables.cpp:163:1:   required from here
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: error: ‘insertItem’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<ScannedVariable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: note: use ‘this->insertItem’ instead
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: error: ‘insertItem’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<OptVariable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = Variable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:667:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<Variable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:633:5: error: ‘connect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:633:5: note: declarations in dependent base ‘QObject’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp:633:5: note: use ‘this->connect’ instead
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:633:5: error: ‘connect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:633:5: note: declarations in dependent base ‘QObject’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = Variable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = Variable]’
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void MOVector<ItemClass>::setItems(QDomElement&) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:632:5:   required from ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = ScannedVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: error: ‘addItem’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<ScannedVariable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: note: use ‘this->addItem’ instead
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void MOVector<ItemClass>::setItems(QDomElement&) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:632:5:   required from ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = OptVariable]’
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: error: ‘addItem’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<OptVariable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../MOVector.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void MOVector<ItemClass>::setItems(QDomElement&) [with ItemClass = Variable]’:
../MOVector.cpp:632:5:   required from ‘MOVector<ItemClass>::MOVector(QDomElement&, bool) [with ItemClass = Variable]’
../MOVector.cpp:663:50:   required from ‘bool MOVector<ItemClass>::dropMimeData(const QMimeData*, Qt::DropAction, int, int, const QModelIndex&) [with ItemClass = Variable]’
../MOVector.cpp:605:13: note: declarations in dependent base ‘MOAVector<Variable>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
make[2]: *** [release/generatedfiles/Variables.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/modelica/OMOptimBasis/build'
make[1]: *** [OMOptimBasis] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/modelica/OMOptimBasis/build'
make: *** [omoptimbasis] Error 2

Re: Errors when building OM (trunk)

You're using a g++-version incompatible with the paradiseo framework. Try g++-4.4.

Or configure with --without-paradiseo if you don't care about OMOptim.

Thanks.
I was unable to install g++-4.4 on OpenSuse. I tried hunting for it and tried g++-5.5 but it wouldn't install so I gave up that route and tried without paradiseo.
I rebuilt everything and it all seems to have worked (Eclipse sees omc & OMEdit starts ok) but I now have no OMShell-terminal - I'm not sure if I need it - otherwise, any idea why or what I can do to find out why it's missing?

It needs readline. Try make mosh or ./config.status -recheck to see if it failed to find readline.

Thanks again. I did make mosh & I now have the OMShell-terminal.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: