Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Trouble to model friction

Trouble to model friction

Hi everybody,

I'm starting using OpenModelica and I have a question :

I would like to model constant friction for both BearingFriction and LossyGear (in Modelica.Mechanics.Rotational components).

In the documentation, it seems that the friction depend on the velocity (which is a good thing) but I don't have the information for my mechanism.
How can I choose parameters  to have a constant friction torque in the bearing friction and to have a constant efficiency in the lossy gear whatever the velocity/speed is ?

Currently, I have this :
BearingFriction, tau pos : [0,0.0003]  to have 0.0003N.m

LossyGear, lossTable : [0,0.95,0.95,0,0] to have 95% efficiency in the gear.

For information, the mechanism I'm trying to model is composed of :
spring (it's the driving torque) - bearing friction - inertia (to model a body) - lossy gear - itertia (to model a motor, no driving torque) - bearing friction
All this is using rotational components and the goal is to get the transitional time between initial state (spring compression with a given angle) to the balance (equilibrium) position.
Current result shows a too long transitional time according to measure on a real mechanism. That's why I'm first looking for friction mistake but I may be wrong and made other mistakes in my model.

Thanks for reading, I can share more details if needed.

Re: Trouble to model friction

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not modelers, but compiler developers.

You can try: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/modelica
as you get far more modelers there.

You could also ask this question on openmodelicainterest@ida.liu.se or openmodelica@ida.liu.se
as you might have a better outcome there.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic