Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Unable to find OMEdit server

Unable to find OMEdit server

Hi,

I have been struggling to get OpenModelica working on my Fedora 15 (64bit machine) without much success. I am able to build required components but
having difficulty omniORB connection (I think..).

SYMPTOMS:

a.)   When I use OMEDit, I get the splash screen but after that I get a dialog box with "Unable to find OMEdit server,
object reference file /tmp/openmodelica.ravi.objid.OMEdit.....

b.)  When I try OMNotebook I get the following on console (and it hangs there)

trying to read the corba IOR file /tmp/openmodelica.ravi.objid
Starting omc: /usr/local/bin/omc
trying to read the corba IOR file /tmp/openmodelica.ravi.objid

Any help to resolve this problem is much appreciated.

b.t.w. I have tried configuring without omni-ORB but even that sockets thing does not seem to work.

More Details should you they be needed:

I am using omniORB the following versions of omniORB rpms

omniORB-utils-4.1.6-2.fc15.x86_64
omniORB-4.1.6-2.fc15.x86_64
omniORB-servers-4.1.6-2.fc15.x86_64
omniORB-devel-4.1.6-2.fc15.x86_64

I am using svn source trunk (detals given below)

1. My config options are as follows
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-lapack --with-qwt --with-omniORB=/usr --with-ipopt --with-paradiseo=/usr/local

3.. SVN source tree details
URL: https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModelica/trunk
Repository Root: https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModelica
Repository UUID: f25d12d1-65f4-0310-ae8a-bbce733d8d8e
Revision: 12467
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: adeas31
Last Changed Rev: 12467
Last Changed Date: 2012-08-10 12:43:25 +1000 (Fri, 10 Aug 2012)

Re: Unable to find OMEdit server

Does OMShell-terminal start ok? (It can use raw sockets instead of CORBA)

Else, try to create a file a.mos:

Code:

checkSettings();

Run it:

Code:

omc a.mos

If everything works fine in that... Try to run:

Code:

omc +d=interactiveCorba

And see if any error-messages pop up. If it all looks fine it might be some setup of iptables that could possibly affect communicating with omc since it runs as a server process.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Here are the results of your suggestions.

omc +d=interactiveCorba gives
CORBA disabled. Configure with --with-CORBA and recompile for enabling.
CORBA disabled. Configure with --with-CORBA and recompile for enabling.

Buth there is no such switch (shown with ./configure --help)

Some how it thinks CORBA is not enabled.
record OpenModelica.Scripting.CheckSettingsResult
    OPENMODELICAHOME = "/usr/local",
    OPENMODELICALIBRARY = "/usr/local/lib/omlibrary",
    OMC_PATH = "/usr/local/bin/omc",
    OMDEV_PATH = "",
    OMC_FOUND = true,
    MODELICAUSERCFLAGS = "",
    WORKING_DIRECTORY = "/home/ravi/software/om/OpenModelica/build/bin",
    CREATE_FILE_WORKS = true,
    REMOVE_FILE_WORKS = true,
    OS = "linux",
    SYSTEM_INFO = "Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.43.8-1.fc15.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 4 20:33:44 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
",
    RTLIBS = "-lrt -lsundials_kinsol -lsundials_nvecserial -llapack  -lpthread",
    C_COMPILER = "gcc",
    C_COMPILER_RESPONDING = true,
    CONFIGURE_CMDLINE = "Configured 2012-08-09 18:14:36 using arguments: '--with-lapack --with-qwt --without-ipopt --without-paradiseo --prefix=/usr/local/'"
end OpenModelica.Scripting.CheckSettingsResult;

Add --with-omniORB and re-run make omc. --withCORBA was renamed to --with-MICO some time ago; I'll update the error-message.

Now I am able to get everything working but with some irksome issues  that need some attention for future builds.

The problem was

1. my first install went OK with previous build without ominORB which does not use python interface.
2. But I could not "uninstall" as make does not have such a target current/sad
3. With new config I hoped to overwrite original install but failed as it  was failing due to unrecognized layout (I think it is debian centric)
4. I installed new binaries manually, but forgot to update the library files. (that is what GOT ME current/sad()

Anyway here are some issues that need to be addressed with install
   1.         /home/ravi/software/om/OpenModelica/PythonInterface/Makefile  failing with ....  option --install-layout not recognized
   2.         adding "uninstall" target
   3.         OpenModelica/OMOptim/Core/Optim/EA/SA1/SA1explorer.h (line 71 ... update method call does not provide second boolean argument
               needed as per the abstract class definition). I supplied default "false" value to complete make. Pl. advise as to what this ought to be.

Finally, I was wondering if I could choose "with-omniORB  and without-PythonInterface" combination to enable proper install.  What is the advantage of having python
interface????

Thank you once again for your kind advice.

1. Works fine on my arch (it looks for /etc/apt to decide if it has debian layout) In my opinion nothing is lost if you skip it, but someone some day would complain if it's missing current/sad

Code:

[martin@mega PythonInterface]$ uname -a

Linux mega 3.4.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 29 22:02:56 CEST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[martin@mega PythonInterface]$ make
omniidl -bpython -Wbglobal=_OMCIDL -Wbpackage=OMPythonIDL ..//Compiler/runtime/omc_communication.idl
! which python2.6 || python2.6 setup.py install --no-compile `test -d /etc/apt && echo --install-layout=deb` --prefix=..//build
which: no python2.6 in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:/home/martin/bin)
! which python2.7 || python2.7 setup.py install --no-compile `test -d /etc/apt && echo --install-layout=deb` --prefix=..//build
/usr/bin/python2.7
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib
creating build/lib/OMPython
copying OMPython/OMConfig.py -> build/lib/OMPython
copying OMPython/__init__.py -> build/lib/OMPython
creating build/lib/OMPython/OMParser
copying OMPython/OMParser/__init__.py -> build/lib/OMPython/OMParser
creating build/lib/OMPythonIDL
copying OMPythonIDL/__init__.py -> build/lib/OMPythonIDL
copying OMPythonIDL/omc_communication_idl.py -> build/lib/OMPythonIDL
creating build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL
copying OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL/__init__.py -> build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL
creating build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA
copying OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA/__init__.py -> build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA
running install_lib
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPythonIDL
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/omc_communication_idl.py -> ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPythonIDL
running install_egg_info
Removing ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPython-1.0-py2.7.egg-info
Writing ..//build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OMPython-1.0-py2.7.egg-info
python setup.py install --no-compile `test -d /etc/apt && echo --install-layout=deb` --prefix=..//build
running install
running build
running build_py
running install_lib
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL__POA
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPythonIDL/_OMCIDL
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/__init__.py -> ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPythonIDL
copying build/lib/OMPythonIDL/omc_communication_idl.py -> ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPythonIDL
running install_egg_info
Removing ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPython-1.0-py3.2.egg-info
Writing ..//build/lib/python3.2/site-packages/OMPython-1.0-py3.2.egg-info

2. make uninstall is in my opinion rather pointless since package managers manage the installation or you choose some prefix or DESTDIR=some-test-dir
But you can try the following in trunk (I might add it):
find build/ -type f -exec bash -c 'rm `echo {} | sed s,^build,/usr,`' ';'
find build/ -type d -exec bash -c 'rmdir `echo {} | sed s,^build,/usr,`' ';'

3. Must only show up in g++-4.7 (I tried the g++ available on the testserver and it said nothing even with -Wall). I'll contact the developer though

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: