Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to use tables to read and interpret data from files?

How to use tables to read and interpret data from files?

Hello,
i'm a real newbie with modelica and look for a clear example for the use of timetables/Combitimetables etc. because all i tried so far didn't work. I'm sure i misunderstood something in the documentations current/sad
Syntax: what should a call of the table look like? What should i do to make modelica read a column as a parameter or variable?...

What i want to do exactly is to use and simulate simple data from a csv-file, which includes two columns for time and velocity, both should be declared as parameters of the model. So you can find in the table at a given time t0 in the same row the velocity V(t0) and this is what the program at least should do and if possible give out -as well- the exacte derivative (acceleration at t0) for any t in the given time intervall. This should be a very simple task for modelica but somehow i have no (more) idea how to realize it current/sad

I tried avoiding using "tables" or the "DataFile-Library" by using the piecewise-function fom the book of Tiller but the compiler misses a derivative for the velocity-parameter, which was read from the csv-file as a column-variable current/hmm.
Here is the check-message: "Check of VehicleModel_SA.TestVehiMod completed successfully. Class VehicleModel_SA.TestVehiMod has 10 equation(s) and 10 variable(s).
4 of these are trivial equation(s)."
But the SImulation shows only the first 0,02s with wrong results!
The model is working fine with "programmed" testentries, but once i try to read data from a file i can't simulate it or i get error messages! A simulation of the same file with dymola is giving the error message that a derivative of V is missing!

Ater this flop, i tried reading the (calculated) derivative from also fom a csv-file or calculating it by simple code again without any positiv result current/sad.

I tried my best to solve this problem in the presented ways, but couldn't succeed and hope you could give me some helpful hints or advices. All i ask for is a clear advice for one possibility to solve it either using tables or by directly reading data from file and put it in as parameters/variables of the model!
THANX in advance for any helpful Answer! current/smile

Edited by: saiph74 - Sep-05-12 09:30:01
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: