Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Dymola - OpenModelica incompatible for MultiBody

Dymola - OpenModelica incompatible for MultiBody

Hello,
It occured to me that complex multibody systems that are created in Dymola using the Standard library 3.2 do not work in OpenModelica. OM freezes during compilation. Only very simple multibody systems work in OM.

What is the reaseon for that?
Are there special modeling rules for OM?

This problem intensifies as soon as I implement my own created MultiBody components, such as nonlinear spring, deformable body, etc., in a model.
All these components work fine in Dymola.

Do I have to follow any special coding rules in order to make my own created components work in OM?

Thank you very much

Re: Dymola - OpenModelica incompatible for MultiBody

Hi,

We have issues with MultiBody models based on MSL 3.2 because the gravityAccelerationFunction is replaceable.

I suggest you use MSL 3.1 as we are far better there (about 8-9 examples models do not simulate correctly):
http://test.openmodelica.org/~marsj/MSL … rsive.html
http://test.openmodelica.org/hudson/job … /simulate/

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your quick response. From your perspective, which version of MSL and OpenModelica would you recommend to use? All we need is the MultiBody library, so would it make sense to use MSL 2.2.2 and an older release of OM?

Thank you
Adrijan Ribaric

No, MSL 2.2 MultiBody does not work in the OM backend (it will pass flattening so MathModelica can simulate the model in their backend).
If you want to use MultiBody with OM, MSL 3.1 is the only way to go (as Adrian suggested).

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: