Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Again, can't build from subversion

Again, can't build from subversion

I checked out a clean copy of the source trunk, and tried to build it today.  Errors out with this:

Code:

make -C OMPlot/OMPlotGUI -f Makefile.unix

sh /local/open-modelica/src/qmake.sh
cat: Makefile: No such file or directory
sh /local/open-modelica/src/qmake.sh OMPlotLib.pro -o Makefile.lib
cat: Makefile.lib: No such file or directory
make -f Makefile.lib
make[2]: *** No targets.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [libOMPlot] Error 2
make: *** [omplot] Error 2

My config is

Code:

'--disable-python-interface' '--without-paradiseo' '--with-MICO=/local/open-modelica' '--with-qwt=/local/open-modelica/qwt-6.0.1/lib' '--prefix=/local/open-modelica' '--with-static-lpsolve=/local/open-modelica' 'CFLAGS=-I/local/open-modelica/include -L/local/open-modelica/lib'

I'm using Qt 4.8.1 on OS X 10.5.8.

Bill

Re: Again, can't build from subversion

If I just do "make omc", I get a build of omc, but it's strange.  Seems to have random memory corruption:

Code:

holmes : /local/open-modelica/src 87 % ./build/bin/omc /tmp/testEngine.mos 

File does not exist: /tmp/testEng^@^@^C\220V
# Error encountered! Exiting...
# Please check the error message and the flags.

Execution failed!
holmes : /local/open-modelica/src 88 % file /tmp/testEngine.mos
/tmp/testEngine.mos: ASCII text
holmes : /local/open-modelica/src 89 %

Code:

holmes : /local/open-modelica/src 89 % otool -L ./build/bin/omc

./build/bin/omc:
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 111.1.7)
    /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.7, current version 0.9.7)
    /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.7, current version 0.9.7)
    /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 218.0.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 218.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.6.0)
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.4.0)
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
holmes : /local/open-modelica/src 90 %

I see what's going on with OMPlot.  I'm building on a Mac, but not using MacPorts, just treating it as a Unix box.  However, I've got Qt installed on this Mac, via the Qt installer for the Mac.  This puts qmake in /usr/bin/qmake.  That particular version of qmake generates xcode makefiles (Makefile.xcodeproj, for instance) instead of regular Makefiles.  This means that in the OMPlot/OMPlotGUI directory, the "Makefile" and "Makefile.lib" files exist, but they are empty.  The existing hack of qmake.sh for Macs doesn't allow for this.

Still haven't figured out the memory corruption issue with omc.

The memory corruption is apparently due to a disagreement between RML (which detected a 64-bit platform), and OpenModelica (which detects a 32-bit platform).  When I force RML to build with 32-bit data structures, things work.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: