Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error message from OMEdit during Simulation

Error message from OMEdit during Simulation

Hello,

during process (after compiling and before simulation) of an own model, OMEdit gave me back following error message:

"
Following Error has occurred.

Process crashed throw [line] 255 [file] simulation/simulation_input_xml.cpp
simulation_input_xml.cpp:Error:failed to read the XML file
Testmodell_6_init.xml: not well formed (invalid token) at line 68
"

May anybody tell me, how to fix this mistake of mine? There is no document or model with a line 68 to correct as far I can see.

Greetings

Re: Error message from OMEdit during Simulation

You're probably using non-UTF8 strings in your model. Upgrade to the latest OpenModelica and let it tell you where this happened (I'm assuming you're using an old omc anyway).

Hello,

I tried already to update to the last OM 1.8.1 Version, but out of some reason my package, containing all relevant components, and the the separate simulation modell is not started and there were no error messages. They are only started in the BETA-Version of OM 1.81., which was released in January. Sorry for my incomplete knowledge, but how to update on new omc? Is it contained in the OM 1.8.1, released this April?

The most confusing fact for me is, that my model has been simulated some says ago by BETA OM 1.8.1 and now is NOT, when i tried it under exactly the same circumstances current/sad   ....

Greetings

All right, I found my mistake, you were right, there were some degree signs ( ° ) in my code, but they were put as comments, thats why I didn't expect them to induce complications. Furthermore, I had an German  " Ö " in the path, but that was not a problem so far in earlier simulations.

Anyway, thank you!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: