Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Importing FMUs -> Error msg.

Importing FMUs -> Error msg.

Dear all,

I'm running into problems when trying to import (load) FMUs into OM. I get the error message "Could not open file /fmuImport.log."
I've tried to import FMUs generated from OM, Dymola, JM and FMU-SDK. I get the same error in all cases.

(I use r11033, on windows 7 64bit)

thanks!

PS. I posted a similar post under the development thread, it suites better here though. My bad.

Re: Importing FMUs -> Error msg.

Hi,

You should try 1.8.0 release as in the nightly builds we have some FMI issues which will take a while to fix.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Ok thanks! I'm on it. I'll return with info once it's up and running.

/patrik

I get the same error message as before current/sad

/patrik

Ok, how do you import the FMU?

We do tests from command line via mos scripts, i.e. BouncingBall.mos

Code:

importFMU("BouncingBall.fmu"); getErrorString();
loadFile("BouncingBallFMUImport.mo"); getErrorString();
simulate(FMUImport_BouncingBall.FMUBlock); getErrorString();

then run omc BouncingBall.mos

See more tests here:
https://openmodelica.ida.liu.se/svn/Ope … tsuite/fmi
user: anonymous
pass: none   <-- write none here.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

It works now, thanks!

I used the GUI-before, I'm new to OpenModelica and just assumed that this wouldn't imply any unexpected issues.

I was pleased to see that the FMU-import works even without a .lib file included. (Currently this is a demand when importing FMUs in Dymola).

Does there exist any document about the FMI-status for OM? Is it e.g., possible to connect different FMU's together?, can OM handle state-events? etc.

Best,

Patrik

Hey,

just noticed that it didn't work for the fmu exported with FMI-SDK. (forgot to invoke clear() last time).

Best,

Patrik

Never mind, I found out the answer.

/Patrik

FYI,
the FMU-import does also work in the GUI. The only thing is that you HAVE to provide an extract folder even though it says "optional". I might be a good thing to either make it optional or just to remove that false information.

/Patrik

Hi Patrik,

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I have fixed it now in r11411.

If you don't specify the extract folder then the files are extracted in the current working directory of OpenModelica.

Adeel.

Hi,
I'm using the nightly builds of OpenModelica on Ubuntu Linux 12.10 and I got an error message while importing a co-simulation FMU. The automatically generated .mo file has a syntax error:

Syntax    14:29:37    /tmp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/spring_cs_st_FMU.mo    86:11-185:19    Parse error: The identifier at start and end are different

Looking into this .mo-file, it seems like a package declaration begins with "package fmiFunctions" and ends with "end fmi1Functions;". Removing the character "1" from the latter fixes it.

I'll be working some more with co-simulation FMUs in the near future, I'll get back to you if I find more bugs.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reporting this, I've fixed it in revision 15242. If you find any more issues, please submit tickets to our bug tracker: https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica .

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: