Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

omc-start problem

omc-start problem

Hi there,

I have problem with exporting OPENMODELICAHOME. It's working if I execute omc-start from terminal but ....
I dont want to execute it manualy. I'm opening this shell script with php script: <?php shell_exec("./omc-start; ent | grep OPENMODELICAHOME") ?>.
It gives me good output(HOME is there). But after that I put into terminal "ent" again and there is nothing like OPENMODELICAHOME.

I have to run shell_exec("./omc-start; /usr/lib/omc/bin/omc +d=interactive &") and then connect to omc and get some data from simulation. But simulation is not working without creating this OMHOME.

I'm sorry if this is not correct problem for this forum.

thank you

Re: omc-start problem

If you execute your PHP application and it sets an environment variable, like OPENMODELICAHOME, it should not be set in the terminal.
The new Linux releases don't even use omc-start script. http://openmodelica.org/index.php/downl … load-linux

They simply set OPENMODELICAHOME in /etc/profile.d/ so you that the environment is properly setup.

Re: omc-start problem

is this environment solved in RC1 ?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic