Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Are OpenModelica Libraries restricted?

Are OpenModelica Libraries restricted?

Hello,

since my last enquiry i got "more smart", because I recognized, that Modelica 3.1 inlcudes media data and there is no need to compute one by myself. Thank you for that! current/smile

I tried to involve the free Libraries "FLUID" and "FLUIDDISSIPATION" in OpenModelica, but the storage seems to be overloaded. Are these libraries supposed to work in OpenModelica? I have thought so, because they are freeware...

Greetings
Georg

Re: Are OpenModelica Libraries restricted?

Modelica.Fluid support is being worked on, it is not yet support (same for Modelica.Fluid.Dissipation)

Ok, thanks for answering

Greetings
Georg

sjoelund.se wrote:

Modelica.Fluid support is being worked on, it is not yet support (same for Modelica.Fluid.Dissipation)

Hi,

I suppose that means they cannot be imported in OMEdit.  Is it also not possible to write and import your own libraries?

When do you think Modelica.Fluid will be available?

Thanks,
hpon

Fluid is actually loaded into OMEdit, but removed straight away due to complications (the OpenModelica kernel crashes for some of the Fluid models, which causes unsaved data to be lost; we do not want users shooting themselves in the foot).

In Tools->Options->Libraries, you can add your own read-only libraries to be loaded by OMEdit on each start.

sjoelund.se,
Hi,

I have the 1.8.0 version of OpenModelica, And I have searched the Tools->Options->Libraries feature you described, but I couldn't find it, all I have in the Option tab is:
General,
Modelica Editor
Pen style
Brush Style

Can you help me locate the Libraries?

thanks

Hi,

I guess you have some beta version.
Try the build I made some hours ago:
http://build.openmodelica.org/omc/build … ses/1.8.0/

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

thanks, I will look into it asap.

sjoelund.se wrote:

Fluid is actually loaded into OMEdit, but removed straight away due to complications (the OpenModelica kernel crashes for some of the Fluid models, which causes unsaved data to be lost; we do not want users shooting themselves in the foot).

In Tools->Options->Libraries, you can add your own read-only libraries to be loaded by OMEdit on each start.

Thanks for your respons Sjölund.

I am eagerly looking forward to future versions where Fluid is included.  That functionality would probably boost my work cuite a bit.

/hpon

Hi,

so I am still having problems importing.

I moved my "Fluid" folder into C:\OpenModelica1.8.0\lib\omlibrary.

Then when adding a new library in the options, I typed in:
"Fluid" as name and "default" as value.

I try resetting the programming and nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

(I am using the OpenModelica revision 10304)

Thanks!

Christian

Hi,

Your Fluid folder should contain a file package.mo that defines your library structure. Otherwise OMC can't read it. And makesure you restart OMEdit after adding the library in options page.

Adeel.

Hi,

I think I will enable the loading of Modelica.Fluid in OMEdit as omc doesn't go into infinite loops anymore (hopefully).
I'll make a new OMEdit build and a new OpenModelica build soon with this feature and let you know when is available.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Thank you, but unfortunately I'm still confused about it:

I have the exact copy of the Fluid folder from Modelica 3.2 and it contains the file "package.mo" in it.  Am I using the right name and value? or is it in the right directory?

Cheers
Christian

OK then OMEdit will always delete it because it is defined as Modelica.Fluid.............
open the package.mo file and remove the first line that says

within Modelica;

but this change makes this library almost unusable beacuse everything is linked from  Modelica pacakge.

Adeel.

Hmm I'm still having trouble. I will stick to using Dymola for Fluids for now.
Thank you very much for your help!

Christian

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: