Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

1.) No matching function; 2.) Function scope

1.) No matching function; 2.) Function scope

Hello!

Two questions:

First:
Error: No matching function found for find(in_x.value) of type function(index:Integer) => Real, candidates are function(index:Integer) => Real

How to interpret that? ...Looks like the candidate's pattern exactly matches the reqired one.

Second:
In the case of a class which contains a type declaration and a function - Shouldn't the type be available in the scope of the function then?

Kind Regards,
Hannes

Re: 1.) No matching function; 2.) Function scope

Code:

class A

type T = Integer;
  function find
    input T t1;
    output T t2 = t1;
  end find;
  T t1 = find(1);
end A;

Seems to work fine. The types do exist.

However, that error messages can sometimes be bad:
* Either it failed to create a record constructor. Then it will say this type exists, etc...
* Or it fails to instantiate the function.

Run omc with +d=failtrace to see what weird things fails.

Thanks for your response.

As for the failtrace to omc: We start our simulation using a .mos OMShell script,  because the simulation environment needs much more than one command to be set up correctly. Is there any way to pass omc-switches from OMShell?

As for the scoping problem: Our situation looks a little different - This is from an OMShell session, which describes the actual problem better:

Code:

>> model C 
  function find
    input  Integer index;
    output Real value;       
    algorithm
    for j in labels loop
      if index == Integer(j) then value := werte[i]; end if;
    end for;
  end find;
  type labels = enumeration (one "1st", two "2nd");
  constant Real[labels] values := {1.1, 2.2};
  Real valueTwo = find(Integer(labels.two));
end C; 

{C}

>> simulate(C)
record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "Simulation failed.
Error: Wrong type or wrong number of arguments to Integer(j)'.

Error: Variable labels not found in scope C.find
Error: No matching function found for find(2) of type function(index:Integer) => Real, candidates are function(index:Integer) => Real
Error: Error occured while flattening model C
"
end SimulationResult;

...Maybe the type exists in the function's scope, but the for-statement doesn't work as described in 11.2.2 of the Modelica 3.0 language specification?

Cheers,
Hannes

Ah... The first error message is:
Error: Variable labels not found in scope C.find

And enumerations are weird in OpenModelica. It really should work, and I know Per has been poking around with enumerations the last week.

Huh...?

Well - We already noticed, that the enum implementation im OM is kind of rudimentary yet, but we need enums here, cause they are ideal for the definition of table headers (combination of a String and the corresponding Integer, which is the Array-Index).

But I didn't really get your answer: Do you suggest to implement a workaround?

I've seen the following used before:

package myAlmostEnum
  constant Integer a = 1;
  constant Integer b = 2;
  constant Integer c = 3;
  constant Integer d = 4;
  constant Integer e = 5;
  constant Integer f = 6;
  constant Integer numberOfElements = 6;
end myAlmostEnum;

Actually, it seems like the index becomes an integer. It works if you remove the call to Integer()... Really weird. For-loops don't work properly with enumerations. Or something like that.

Oh - Thanks! ...Actually I did not mean to ask for a workaround solution - I just wasn't sure wether the problem was a fault in our programming or not.

Just one more thing: Is there a chance to pass the failtrace switch to omc, if a simulation is run from OMShell?

Sort of. You can start the interactive session before you start OMShell, and then OMShell will use that session instead.

$ omc +d=interactiveCorba,failtrace +showErrorMessages

Then start OMShell and type something silly like a+b into the prompt and see some error messages in your console.

edes wrote:

Code:

model C 
  function find
    input  Integer index;
    output Real value;       
    algorithm
    for j in labels loop
      if index == Integer(j) then value := werte[i]; end if;
    end for;
  end find;
  type labels = enumeration (one "1st", two "2nd");
  constant Real[labels] values := {1.1, 2.2};
  Real valueTwo = find(Integer(labels.two));
end C; 

The problem in this case is that enumerations as you have seen are not completely implemented yet. When the enumeration is used as the range in the for loop it is unfortunately converted into an integer range, which causes the Integer call to fail since Integer only works on enumerations. A workaround in this case would therefore be to remove the Integer call in the for loop, and just use the iterator as it is. The best solution would of course be to keep the iterator as an enumeration instead of converting it to an integer, but at the moment I can't say when that will fixed. I'll add it to our bug tracker though, so hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the near future.

Cheers,
Per

Clear now. Thank you!

I am Very new to OpenModelica and need help..

I geeting the following Notifications every time while using any function.

"  [:0:0-0:0] Notification: Instantiation of C failed.; "

Please any one can help me out ...

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: