Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OpenModelica Interface Excel

OpenModelica Interface Excel

Hello everybody,

for my diploma thesis I would like to build a database for fluid properties (e.g. water/steam, wet/dry air, heat transfer oil, etc.) for properties like:
- enthalpy,
- entropy,
- density,
- temperature,
- viskosity,
- etc.

Does anybody of you know, if there are interfaces to transfer data from Excel to OpenModelica?
Regards
Georg

P.S. If anybody needs a fluid properties data base as well, you are wellcome to build it with me together.

Re: OpenModelica Interface Excel

You can use Modelica.Blocks.Tables. Reading the contents of (anonymous:none) https://openmodelica.org/svn/OpenModeli … tables.cpp it seems that OpenModelica supports reading from mat-files. If Excel cannot export to Matlab format, writing a csv importer should not be hard for you to do. Do note though: The tables implementation is not very well tested and may be buggy (the code is not very readable). Also, the documentation for the tables seems to be Dymola-specific; each Modelica tool has to provide its own table interface.

Re: OpenModelica Interface Excel

Hello sjoelund.se,

thank you for your fast reply. I will try your suggestions and let you know if was succesfull!

Regards
Georg

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: