Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Simulation error

Simulation error

Hi, I developed a simple script to solve an electrical circuit using simple equations on branches and nodes.
Some inizialization problems arose using second order polynomial equations. I tried to fix the error with the hints of the debug on the inizialization but I couldn't find a solution. The run exits with an error code 0xffffffffffffffff, with a message saying that the maximum number of iterations has been done without finding a root.

If anyone has any suggestion, I could use some help current/smile

Thank you!

Ale

Re: Simulation error

is it possible to share your code?

Hi,

I hereby attached the code.
RH-CANN-Hp1-polynomial.mo

Thanks in advance!

Ale

Code:

The initialization problem is inconsistent due to the following equation: 0 != -4.05568 = $START.Pv - Pv

I got the above error. So the problem is with initialization.

Code:

Real Pv(start = 1, fixed = true); // state variable - ventricular pressure

it works when I set fixed to false. But i don't know if the simulation results are correct.

From  Modelica by Example

fixed

The fixed attribute changes the way the start attribute is used when the start attribute is used as an initial condition. Normally, the start attribute is considered a “fallback” initial condition and only used if there are insufficient initial conditions explicitly specified in the initial equation sections. However, if the fixed attribute is set to true, then the start attribute is treated as if it was used as an explicit initial equation (i.e., it is no longer used as a fallback, but instead treated as a strict initial condition).

Another, more obscure, use of the fixed attribute is for “computed parameters”. In rare cases where a parameter cannot be initialized explicitly, it is possible to provide a general equation for the parameter in an initial equation section. But in cases where the parameter is initialized in this way, the fixed attribute for the parameter variable must be set to false.

Default: false (except for parameter variables, where it is true by default)

Type: Boolean

Edited by: Arinomo23 - May-09-22 10:54:12
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic