Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Import correct dxf format file for animation

Import correct dxf format file for animation

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a CAD file for my simulation and load it in OpenModelica but it seems to be less trivial than expected. I've seen that .dxf and .stl are supported by Modelica but I've encountered two cases working with OpenModelica:
- stl: I get the following error when simulating "Error reading file B:/Program_Files/OpenModelica/Files/MyModel/test.stl: read error (Could not find plugin to read objects from file "B:/Program_Files/OpenModelica/Files/MyModel/test.stl".) ". Is there a way to install plugins in OM?
- dxf: I'm able to upload the dxf file with "ShapeType = file://Path/To/Model/test.dxf" but nothing is shown in the animation of the simulation. I've found in the source code (https://github.com/OpenModelica/OpenMod … hapes.cpp) that the structure of the file is really strict since the cad model must be defined as a set of 3DFACE entities, but among all the existing dxf formats (R12/R13 etc.) I was not able to export such a structured file. Does anybody knows a simple way to either export from CREO or AutoDESK or convert my current dxf files into the format that I am looking for?

Thank you in advance!

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: