Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Why does my openmodelica only have basic libraries

Why does my openmodelica only have basic libraries

I don’t know where to download and install it in openmodelica

Re: Why does my openmodelica only have basic libraries

Note: Based on OMEditor V1.18

with "Basic" library, you mean the Modelica Standard Library?

there are some other libraries in

installDir\lib\omlibrary

and "Installing" library is as simple as open the library/package (or ctrl-o).

You could fine more libraries on Modelica GitHub

Edited by: Arinomo23 - Nov-02-21 10:19:10

Note that the latest OM nightly comes with a package manager instead of a fixed set of pre-installed libraries. In OMEdit, File -> Install Library

thanks @sjoelund,  i'm not aware of this change,so my reply was based on V1.18.

On the side note: How does this effect user w/o an internet connection? I assume, it was down to make it easier for user to mange package based on its version on github etc?

Arinomo23 wrote:

thanks @sjoelund,  i'm not aware of this change,so my reply was based on V1.18.

On the side note: How does this effect user w/o an internet connection? I assume, it was down to make it easier for user to mange package based on its version on github etc?

It's possible to copy a cache folder (of zip-files) and the index.json file to a local computer and install through that (or copying .openmodelica/libraries/ from one computer to another). But yes, you will need an internet connection to download packages in the first place. It doesn't make sense to wait 40 minutes for the slow Windows filesystem to install several gigabytes of packages that you don't need and didn't change since the last OM install. And it doesn't make much sense for OpenModelica to package everyone's libraries when the package manager can be used to download directly from the source.

Edit: And it's now possible to install different versions of a package (like the latest master of a package if you need that, or an older release of a package if you need that).

Edited by: sjoelund.se - Nov-02-21 10:24:05
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: