Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Simulate "room" class in Buildings package

Simulate "room" class in Buildings package

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to run a  "room" class in the Buildings package?

When I tried to run a model that includes a "room" class of the Buildings package (https://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/modelica/), there always some errors (but no such situation when using Dymola).

Here is a case when I would like to run a Buildings example: Buildings.Air.Systems.SingleZone.VAV.Examples.ChillerDXHeatingEconomizer

[5] 15:59:18 Translation Error
[Buildings.HeatTransfer.Convection.Interior: 17:3-18:98]: Type mismatch in binding ‘til = Modelica.Constants.pi .- (chillerDXHeatingEconomizer.zon.roo.air.datConPar.til)‘, expected array dimensions [0], got [1].

BTW, the version of OM is v1.18.0-dev-365-gf6318dbb78 (64-bit) and that of Buildings is 9.0.0

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Youth

Edited by: Youth - Jun-28-21 08:10:59

Re: Simulate "room" class in Buildings package

Anyone who knows it plz current/sad

We are working with LBL to support as much as possible from the Buildings library but we're not at 100% yet. To check which models you can compile and simulate have a look at the coverage test we are doing each night:
https://libraries.openmodelica.org/bran … atest.html

Unfortunately the model you want, Buildings.Air.Systems.SingleZone.VAV.Examples.ChillerDXHeatingEconomizer doesn't work yet.

Thanks so much for replying, adrpo.

BTW, Could you plz tell me what is the problem leading to such unsupport? It's the problem with the OM or Buildings? I wonder whether could I fix it by myself because I really need to use Buildings package with the OM.

Thanks in advance.

Modelica is a quite complicated language and the Buildings library is one of the most complex libraries out there.
In general these things happen because our new frontend does not expand arrays (to be able to handle large models) and applying modifications and redeclares gets really complicated.

I will ask our frontend developer on this particular issue. Sometimes is possible to change the Modelica code to make it work, sometimes is not possible.

Thanks adrpo!It's really helpful!

Hope the OM becomes better n better.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: