Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Windows 64 bit problem

Windows 64 bit problem

Hello all,

Last month I started with OpenModelica on Linux Mint 19.3. I developed a package for a client divided in interfaces, implementations, and system as described in 'Modelica by Examples'. Great guide by the way. This went very well up till the moment I transferred the package to the client which uses the Windows platform, 64 bit. Some models crash.

I tested this on Windows 64 bit laptop myself today. The 64 bit OpenModelica version compiles the models successsfully, but indeed crashed with 'index' errors I didn't see before during developing the model, e.g.:

array s->index[1][1] == 0 incorrect, a->dim_size[1] == 2

I have no idea were to look for these type of errors. The variables are not in my coding.

On another Windows 64bit laptop, I installed the 32 bit version of OpenModelica, which returned the same solution as my Linux version.

I'm lost here. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 64 bit problem

I think you are hitting this bug:
https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/6099
that is fixed in OpenModelica 1.17.0 (master).

You can use the latest nightly build from here:
https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/

If you are already using the latest master then is some other issue, let me know.

Re: Windows 64 bit problem

Hello adrpo,

You were right. Both the 1.17.0 32 & 64 bit nightly builds worked fine. Problem solved.

One remark: the installation of the 64 bit version was extremely slow, 50 minutes on an 8 core i7. Firefox browser was extremely slow as well afterwards. Reboot solved that problem. What happened I don't know. Thanks, and switching back to Linux now.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic