Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Compile OpenModelica1.7.0 on Fedora x86-64

Compile OpenModelica1.7.0 on Fedora x86-64

Hi all,

I am compiling OpenModelica1.7 on my Fedora 10 x86-64 server. I have a problem with Qt library...
The error message is

mainwindow.h:51:6: error: #error "OMEdit requires Qt 4.6.0 or newer"
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/OPENMODELICA_1_7_0_RC1/OMEdit/OMEditGUI'
make[1]: *** [OMEdit] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/OPENMODELICA_1_7_0_RC1/OMEdit/OMEditGUI'
make: *** [omedit] Error 2

I understand OMEdit requires Qt4.6 or newer. The default Qt library version on my server is 4.5 and i am NOT able to upgrade to a new version by using default update. Then I download Qt4.7 source from http://trolltech.com and install onto my server. say. /usr/local/Qt4.7 ..the system default Qt library is in /usr/include/
When i compiling OpenModelica1.7, the compiler always use the system default Qt library and give me this error. My question is How do i tell the compiler to use my newly installed Qt library ?

I notice there is configure parameter called -with-sendData-Qt, ...
I have tried to configure with command: ./configure --with-sendData-Qt, but it does not help..

any suggestions ?

Re: Compile OpenModelica1.7.0 on Fedora x86-64

Make sure your new qmake (or qmake-qt4 if you simply want to make an alias) is first on the path. Would make you compile using this version (might need to remove the qmake-generated Makefiles also).

Or simply use "make omc omshell omnotebook" and skip OMEdit.

Re: Compile OpenModelica1.7.0 on Fedora x86-64

Thanks for your help. I got it compiled.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: