Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Unable to install openmodelica Stable in Fedora 33

Unable to install openmodelica Stable in Fedora 33

I tried to install OM first time in my Fedora 33 machine. I coped to omc.repo file to etc\yum.repo.d and I used the yum install command. However, I am able to install only the openmodelica-nightly version. Giving any other version does not work. And the nightly version had so many errors in Modelica Fluid which I could not understand.

Could someone please tell  me how to install the OM stable version in Fedora?

Re: Unable to install openmodelica Stable in Fedora 33

I suppose we should add a build for fc33. There is no repository for Fedora 33 yet. Which one did you copy?

I used the one for fc32. The installation went without issues. I just couldnt get the stable version.

I will wait till the folder gets updated

But my general question still remains. Assuming that the build is made, would sudo yum install openmodelica-stable work?

I used the one for fc32. The installation went without issues. I just couldnt get the stable version.

I will wait till the folder gets updated

But my general question still remains. Assuming that the build is made, would sudo yum install openmodelica-stable work?

No, you would install openmodelica-1.14, I believe. The exec older versions don't compile on newer Fedora

So that means yum install openmodelica-1.16  should give me the stable version right? Because that has been marked as stable now.

Anyway. I would be checking the directory to see if the builds are there. Thank you for the effort

I just see a repo file in the folder fc33 but no builds. Is it meant that way?  Because when I give yum install, it says file not found

Yes, until the builds succeed. It's not just updating which OS distributions to compile for. We need to fix bugs in third-party source code when gcc versions change current/smile

Thank you very much. One last question. I get this error every time I open:

[4] 15:40:05 Scripting Error
Failed to load package ModelicaReference (default) using MODELICAPATH

I tried installing the libraries using sudo yum install  and sudo dnf install omlib-modelica-3.2.3 and many permutations of the two. None of them seem to be working. Could you please tell me the terminal command to install the libraries?

It seems I forgot to activate the libraries (should be added during the night). If you want the libraries sooner, you could try to install the libraries locally. Create a file installLib.mos with contents:

installPackage(Modelica, "3.2.3");getErrorString();
installPackage(ModelicaReference);getErrorString();

And then run omc installLib.mos

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: