Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Linking C code that calls external library with OpenModelica

Linking C code that calls external library with OpenModelica

Hi Modelica Gurus around the earth,

I am trying to linking my C code that calls external library, namely GLPK (GNU Linear Programming Kit) with my Modelica model.

The C code works just fine, I have tested it in a stand alone condition.

gcc standalonecode.c -lglpk -o standalonecode

When I plugged in the external C function with my Modelica models, I started to get this error:

Code:

/usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/libModelicaExternalC.a(ModelicaInternal.o): In function `ModelicaInternal_temporaryFileName':
(.text+0x571): warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
/usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/libModelicaMatIO.a(ModelicaMatIO.o): In function `Mat_VarDelete':
(.text+0x1e14): warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
examples.SimpleSystemOptimalDispatch_functions.o: In function `st_linprog':
examples.SimpleSystemOptimalDispatch_functions.c:(.text+0x8b1): undefined reference to `glp_create_prob'
examples.SimpleSystemOptimalDispatch_functions.c:(.text+0x8c1): undefined reference to `glp_set_obj_dir'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I believe that it comes from the linking process. Do you guys know how to solve this linking problem? Thanks!

Cheers,
Phil

Edited by: philgun - Jun-29-20 06:20:13

Re: Linking C code that calls external library with OpenModelica

How does your Modelica function that calls the C looks like?
Did you give the library name via the external annotation?

Hi Philgun,
I saw your PM.

as adrpo said, we have to see your Modelica code that call the C function, especially the annotation, otherwise very little can be said.
Also please check the section 12.9.4 Annotations for External Libraries and Include Files of Modelica Specifications Modelica Documents.
You will find useful hints.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply. I do appreciate it. I managed to overcome the problem. The solution is in

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/626 … al-library

Thanks a lot!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: