Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problems with OpenModelica + Eclipse + OpenMode installation on Ubuntu

Problems with OpenModelica + Eclipse + OpenMode installation on Ubuntu

Hallo,
I'm trying to run the above mentioned combination. I'm running OpenModelica1.7.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid lynx). My Eclipse is a Helios Modeling Tools Service release2. I have installed OpenModelica MDT 0.7.7.

There seems to be something wrong. In the Modelica Projects view I should get a file myClass.mo with a nested myClass icon. The myClass icon is missing, so I can't expand the myClass.mo as I am used to on my Offices XP machine (Office machine has Helios and MDT 0.7.7, too)
There's a package Modelica beneath the Libraries, but I cannot expand the package icon to access any models, at least the package is denoted with a package icon.
Next problem: The MDT console isn't working. If I open a MDT console, I get the Welcome message and the omc> prompt. Regardless of what command I enter, I don't receive any response message from omc, just the prompt agailn. Looks like this
omc> help()

omc>list()

omc> cd()

omc> quit()

omc> simulate(blablaModel, stopTime=10)

omc>

I've checked the OpenModelica 1.7.0 installation. I can edit and run a simple model from OMEdit, also I can contact OMC from OMShell and OMShell terminal and execute some queries like cd() or list(). However, help() doesn't work either, I eceive a ERROR: Error opening file: /usr/share/doc/omc/omc_helptext.txt.
Examing the directory I've found only omc_helptext.txt.gz. Do I have to extract archives manually during installation?

Some help would be heavily appreciated.
Thank you

Oliver

Re: Problems with OpenModelica + Eclipse + OpenMode installation on Ubuntu

I cannot help with the MDT issues, but the help() command was fixed in the stable and nightly branches (not release; no one found that bug in 6 months of testing).

Re: Problems with OpenModelica + Eclipse + OpenMode installation on Ubuntu

Hello Everyone,

I have exactly the same problem as described above. I am running Ubuntu 11.04 and latest eclipse 3.7.1. After installing MDT, I got exactly similar problems.

There's a package Modelica beneath the Libraries, but I cannot expand the package icon to access any models, at least the package is denoted with a package icon.
Next problem: The MDT console isn't working. If I open a MDT console, I get the Welcome message and the omc> prompt. Regardless of what command I enter, I don't receive any response message from omc, just the prompt agailn. Looks like this
omc> help()

omc>list()

omc> cd()

omc> quit()

omc> simulate(blablaModel, stopTime=10)

omc>

omc> getVersion()
"1.7.0 (r9807)"

auto-completion doesn't work either.

best regards,
Alexey

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic