Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Any script for implementing the progress bar?

Any script for implementing the progress bar?

Dear all,
I'm making a system for my workplace, and for my coworkers' convenience I'm running Openmodelica by the command line with WshShell of Microsft Excel, in a way running omc with .mos files we created.
But what is inconvenient was that it seems you can't check the progress of simulations when you run it on command line.
Usually we see the progress of simulation as the criteria for whether models were constructed properly or we gave proper parameters to them because progress is very likely to stagnate when we failed to do it.
So I'd like to add some means to check progress of simulations by adding some scripts to my mos file but I couldn't find any scripts to implement it when Modelica is run by command line.
Is the progress bar only available in OMEdit? or are there any files where progress information is stored so that I have my system check it during culcuration?

I'm really happy if someone tells me a way to solve it or that I have to delve into the system of Modelica more deeply.

Thank you.

Re: Any script for implementing the progress bar?

OMEdit uses command-line options to set the output log format to xmltcp and then uses a TCP client to read the messages, including status information. I believe they include the progress information.

I believe you can also send the SIGUSR1 signal and the simulation prints out some status message.

Re: Any script for implementing the progress bar?

Thank you for a very helpful comment.
I'll look further into it, Thanks!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: