Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Mineral Oil Media

Mineral Oil Media

Is there a way to get the Mineral Oil within the Thermal Library to work with blocks from the Fluid library? I am trying to model a heat exchanger where one side is mineral oil and other is water using the BasicHX block. I cant seem to get it to work with mineral oil. I can get it to work with water as working fluid on both sides but it doesnt like it when I change the one side to mineral oil.

Re: Mineral Oil Media

I'm afraid I 'm posting too much these days, but I will try to answer.
The first answer is not. What I see in Modelica.Thermal.Media is a record named MineralOil, not a package extending Modelica.Media.Interfaces.PartialMedium, that is what is needed as medium for the Fluid library.
After this, yes, probably it is possible to build a valid medium package from the data in the MineralOil record. I see that it is a very simple medium, with constant properties for density, specific heats, thermal conductivity and kinematic viscosity. The closest package in the Media library I think that is the TableBased one. In Modelica.Media.Incompressible.Examples there is tha package named Essotherm650 that probably is already good for your tests. If it is not, I would copy this package in myr work, rename it and put the same values at all temperatures. Taking into account that in the record the viscosity is kinematic and in the package  dynamic.
I have not tested it, but I hope that the BasicHX model is compatible with any package derived from partialMedium.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic