Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Change stepsize during simulation

Change stepsize during simulation

Hello,

i want to simulate a energy grid where at certain moments some events happen.

For example a closed switch, where a new load or plant gets added to the system.

Is there any possibility to simulate seconds 0-59 with 5 steps per second, seconds 59-61 with 200 steps per second, and 61-500 again with only 5 steps per second?

Couldn´t find such an option in the documentation or the Simulation Setup menu.

At the end, everything should be controlled via python.

As far as i have seen, it is possible to store all variables at t = 59s in a .mat file, restart the simulation at time 59, define another step size, restart the simulation for the time from s59-s61, and so on?

One simulation would be by far the preferred way.

Or is the any idea i havn't thought about?

Would be really thankful for any hint, idea or advice :-)

Best regards

Mota

Re: Change stepsize during simulation

Some additional thoughts given to this problem:

Is it possible to run the whole simulation in in a high resolution, for example 1 ms, and set something like a "Trigger-Function" which activates solving the model?

Then i could set-up the trigger function in the required intervals much faster (every 5 ms) than in the "usual" setup (every 200 ms).

According to my Matlab Simulink knowledge, could work there, but i really want to work on an open source platform.

And - if something like this works - does it affect the simulation performance in a bad way during the normal trigger intervals of 200 ms?

Thanks!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: