Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Version Tracking?

Version Tracking?

As time goes on the package becoming more complex with many changes in models and sub-models.

What are the best practice to keep track of the changes in packages and models?

P.S I dont save my Pacakge as one file  current/big_smile  current/tongue

Re: Version Tracking?

Use git

but the integrated Git function is still disabled on OMEdit, isn't it? Or that is not what you ment?

Edited by: Arinomo23 - Jul-25-19 16:31:48

Simply use command-line git from the operating system. It is really simple to use. No git integration only means you need to remember to add new or moved files, etc.

Are you talking about the update of the free libraries or the changes of the model you developed by yourself ?
I use the Github desktop app on Win10 and create a fold to save models developed by myself, The "history" tab will show the modifications ever made.
You can also check the free library on git in the same way.

hope this could help you.

Best,

@Mingzhe37: Thank you for the suggestion. But i'm looking for more offline solution. If i understand it correctly, you still need to connect to internet when using GitHub Desktop even if your repo is in local. But I might be wrong tho.

I'll try martin's suggestion for now using gitforwindows and meld, and see if it is sufficient for my need at the moment.

Cheers

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic