Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OM 1.7.0 - Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow

OM 1.7.0 - Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow

In the release notes of OM 1.7.0 you wrote:
“The OpenModelica 1.7.0 ALPHA has some issues simulating some examples from MSL 3.1!
We are working on fixing these issues in the next weeks for a BETA release. “

I'm working with Modelica.Thermal models of the Modelica Standard  Library.

I would like to know if the above-mentioned problems concern the examples of  Modelica.Thermal ?

I noticed that the simulation of this examples had been improved in the latest nightly builds 1.7.0.BETA.

I tested some examples of Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow and checked the plausibility of the results.
I also checked the equations in the models and they seem to be okay.

e.g : Provided I understood  the definitions correctly, the results should  look like this : 
if “flowPort_b.m_flow < 0” ( massflow is leaving the connector) then  should be “flowPort_b.h = h”

In the results of the examples with OM 1.7.0: 
if “flowPort_b.m_flow” < 0  then “flowPort_b.h”  becomes equal to  “ - h “

I'm wondering if it's my fault or if it is a problem with OM ?

From week to week Open Modelica is getting better and better. Thanks a lot to everybody , who is working on it.
Good luck.

Best regards.

(P.S: I don't have  the results of another tool to compare them with OM . For explanations about port definitions I also looked at chapter 2.2 and 2.3 of the following paper. The notation is a little bit different but the principle is the same. :   Elmqvist, H., Tummescheit H., and Otter M.( 2003). Object-Oriented Modeling of Thermo-Fluid Systems. Proceedings of 3 rd  Int. Modelica Conference, Linköping, Sweden, ed. P. Fritzson, pp. 269-286.  )

Re: OM 1.7.0 - Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow

Hi Lisa,

The Media and Fluid libraries are not supported yet fully, but we are working on it. Regarding the thermal library, if it is not dependent on the media it should be fine

Regards
Mohsen

Re: OM 1.7.0 - Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for your answer. I know that Media and Fluid are not supported and Thermal is not dependent on media.
I think the wrong results are due to the semiLinear- command in the TwoPort model ( Modelica.Thermal.FluidHeatFlow.Interfaces.Partials.TwoPort).
In my opinion the semiLinear - command is not working correctly.

See also my post: http://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/f … pic?id=274

For correct results in the FluidHeatFlow library it's very important that H_flow = m_flow*h. Because of wrong results from semiLinear , H_flow becomes equal to h , which can't be true.

Best regards.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: