Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Line indentation in OMEdit and suggested improvement

Line indentation in OMEdit and suggested improvement

First let me thank you for the great efforts conducted for OMEdit. I was reliably able to construct Modelica libraries using this tool.

In the latest version 1.13.0, some changes happend w.r.t. lines indentation. Whenever I save a model component after editing it, OMEdit automatically indent the lines (usually does not end in a reliable outlook). I played with couple of combination of options but did not arrive what I really need. As it was the case with the last version (1.12.0), I want to indent the lines my self in the way I left them.

Couple of other suggested features are:

* Move a component from a package to another within a library
* Rename a component

I currently have my own work-arounds and tricks but these are definitely significant for large-scale modeling.

Also OMEdit crashs occasionally. Any tricks / recommendation to reduce such events (other than not to listen to youtube music from firefox)?

Edited by: Atiyah78 - Dec-29-18 09:39:32

Re: Line indentation in OMEdit and suggested improvement

I have no idea why it did not work in the first place but it works fine now with line indentation. May be I just needed a new start.

I have the same problem on Windows x64 and for the moment a restart of OMedit doesn't help current/hmm
...I just observed that the extra indentation spaces are not added if you follow those steps: suppose you have two models A and B inside a package, make some changes inside A, but before saving go to B (open its window) and finally press the save bottom. When you go back to A text-code you will see that no indentation spaces have been added. Black magic.

Edited by: uko - Jan-09-19 09:53:40

I have played with the options a bit

I have noticed one more thing. If you modify the code of model A and B, but you stay inside the window of B and save, then only the code of B will be saved but the changes in A will NOT be saved. But if you open another window, for example of model C, and press the save bottom then both A and B changes will be saved! Plus, no additional indentations will be added to the code of A and B.

This is just a work around unfortunately.

This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: