Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit regularly crashes or hangs

OMEdit regularly crashes or hangs

As a new OpenModelica user and model designer, I'm repeatedly loading and unloading a library containing the component parts of a new library within a single instance of an OMEdit session. Once loaded, the only thing I'm doing with that model is to view/modify the various component parts graphically and textually and experimenting with dialog boxes representing component parameter dialog boxes.

After a while, OMEdit eventually exits unexpectedly or more rarely, just hangs. Is there some sort of logging that I can enable that would provide a clue to the source of these  problems so I can report them back to OpenModelica?

Re: OMEdit regularly crashes or hangs

Yes. Sometimes it does happen. We are working on making it more robust and any bug reporting helps.

When is crashing it should ask you to send the logs to us. If it doesn't, you can just zip all files:
%TEMP%/OpenModelica/OMEdit/omedit*log (this is on Windows, on Linux they are in /tmp/username/OpenModelica/OMEdit).
and send them to openmodelica @ ida.liu.se.
Alternatively you can open a ticket on https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica (NewTicket) and attach the logs there.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: