Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

WHEN '$DER' COMES IN THE OPTIMIZED EQUATION SET

WHEN '$DER' COMES IN THE OPTIMIZED EQUATION SET

Hello,

While optimizing a set of flattened equations(generated from a linear electrical circuit of 4 capacitors in series with a sinusoidal voltage source), along with 'der( )' I got '$DER' in variable list. The variable list shows it is a 'DUMMY_DER'. What is its significance? Is it possible to predict from a circuit(linear) whether its optimized form will contain '$DER' in its variable list or not?

Regards,
AC

Edited by: link_arka - Apr-07-11 18:42:48

Re: WHEN '$DER' COMES IN THE OPTIMIZED EQUATION SET

Hi,

the significance of  a "DUMMY_DER" variable is that this variable was used inside a "der" function or market as state (for example stateSelect=StateSelect.prefer). During the index reduction algorithm it was found that this variable is not a state in the meaning of an independent variable (by a constrained equation) and this variable kind was changed from "STATE" to "DUMMY_STATE". (same for derivatives.)

If a optimized code of a linear circuit will contain $DER depends on the used library. If the library manage to use a minimal state form no $Der will occur, but normally this is not practical for  the design of the library.

For further information please have a look at https://www.modelica.org/events/worksho … ttsson.pdf for example.

I am sorry if my question appears silly. Can I choose library/libraries in such a way as there will not be $DER terms? Till now I am selecting the whole 'Modelica' library while executing 'bltdump'. The command I am using is 'omc +s +d=bltdump filename.mo Modelica'. But in case of describing & optimizing linear electrical circuits is there any alternative/specific libraries using which the description may not be minimal state but will not contain $DER terms?

Regards,
AC.

Why is the $DER term problematic for you? This is just a silly prefix for a variable.

By the way +d=bltdump also works with .mos files and if you use +d=dumpindxdae you get the equations after all optimisation phases.

Thanks Frenkel TUD for your answers. My problem with $DER is that I want to use the description generated by Modelica optimizer from a C programing environment where I will use the variables generated by Modelica as the variables and there the '$' sign though being a just a silly prefix for a variable will create problem if used in a variable name.

Regards,
AC.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: