Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Dymola developed library in openmodelica "gotchas"?

Dymola developed library in openmodelica "gotchas"?

Are there any reasonable reasons why open-modelica would struggle opening a library created in another software like Dymola? There is a nice open-source library that was built in Dymola, Transform: https://github.com/ORNL-Modelica/TRANSFORM-Library, that I can load into omedit but generally run into the program crashing when I load up a model, or the model takes 10s of minutes to load. I'm on a recent omedit build ~3 weeks old now.

If anyone has translated a library from a different tool and has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Dymola developed library in openmodelica "gotchas"?

Yes, depending on the library some models might open very slowly or even crash OMEdit.
In general models with a lot of redeclares have that issue.

We are working on a new front-end that should fix (some of) these issues, hopefully should be available in a couple of months.
You could already try it on your model from command line using -d=newInst, it might work better on your model (or not).

Nice, at the least things get further along using omc via command line. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am also facing similar issues with open modelica 1.15 &TRANSFORM library on Ubuntu 18. The following are the issues:
1. Some packages like ‘User Interaction’ & ‘ SDF’ could not be loaded while importing TRANSFORM into workspace of om edit.
2. I am trying to import component from a package TRANSFORM.Fluid.Pipes.GenericPipe_MultiTransferSurface using drag & drop, however its features like two ports, GUI are not properly loaded. Therefore, I am unable to connect the things. The same component usage in one of the TRANSFORM library traning video on YouTube works fine in Dymola.
3. Many examples of TRANSFORM library do not simulate, there comes a compilation error like ‘input’ keyword should not be present in one of the imported class from TRANSFORM library. Similar errors of different types come if I remove ‘input’ keyword’ from the suggested location. Is there bugs in library or what?

What is the way out from the above listed issues. Kindly help.

veeshy wrote:

Are there any reasonable reasons why open-modelica would struggle opening a library created in another software like Dymola? There is a nice open-source library that was built in Dymola, Transform: https://github.com/ORNL-Modelica/TRANSFORM-Library, that I can load into omedit but generally run into the program crashing when I load up a model, or the model takes 10s of minutes to load. I'm on a recent omedit build ~3 weeks old now.

If anyone has translated a library from a different tool and has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: