Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to start a simulation with executable file and opc-ua

How to start a simulation with executable file and opc-ua

Hi:
I'm learning to use openmodelica and opc-ua these days. When using OMEdit, I can simulate with "Interactive Simulation", click the start button in the Plot interface and read(write) data with UaExpert or OPCUA package in python, which works fine. But I also want to simulate by running the executable file. So I followed the instruction in another topic(run "xxx.exe -embeddedServer=opc-ua -rt=1" in command line ). By doing this I can successfully initialize the simulation and connect it with UaExpert. But how can I start the simulation? The data I read remains unchange and I don't know how to make the simulation run. Is there any thing I missed?

Re: How to start a simulation with executable file and opc-ua

You start the simulation by writing to the step or run variables in the OPC interface.

That works! Thank you!

xyfan wrote:

Hi:
I'm learning to use openmodelica and opc-ua these days. When using OMEdit, I can simulate with "Interactive Simulation", click the start button in the Plot interface and read(write) data with UaExpert or OPCUA package in python, which works fine. But I also want to simulate by running the executable file. So I followed the instruction in another topic(run "xxx.exe -embeddedServer=opc-ua -rt=1" in command line ). By doing this I can successfully initialize the simulation and connect it with UaExpert. But how can I start the simulation? The data I read remains unchange and I don't know how to make the simulation run. Is there any thing I missed?

Hi! I am also working on establishing server-client communication with OpenModelica.  Though I am able to read and write data with a client script in Python, I am not able to get the required plots in OMEdit after the simulation is over. Could you please provide some insights into this?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: