Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

External Object annotation syntax

External Object annotation syntax

Hello List,
I'm working on a model that includes a „external object“. The task is to find a implementation that works for Dymola, SimulationX and Open Modelica. I currently have the following annotation syntax to include the c-code:

annotation (
       dll="eobj.dll",
       Include="#include <eobj.c>");

The annotation "dll="eobj.dll" is used by SimulationX and Dymola can process the "Include=#include <eobj.c>" statement. Unfortunately OpenModelica doesn’t accept this syntax.

My question:
Is there a annotation syntax for OpenModelica, that doesn’t affect the behaviour in Dymola and SimX (Maybe I can tweak the annotation a bit, so that it works for all three applications)

Best Regards,
Frank

Re: External Object annotation syntax

Actually, OpenModelica does accept #include syntax. However, you need to make sure that the c-file is in a directory searched by the compiler (which directory this is, is not specified by the MLS 3.1; for Windows OpenModelica, just put the file in OPENMODELICAHOME/include/omc).

With revision 8329, this now compiles even if the functions are non-static (no more linker problems due to multiple copies of the functions).

Note that included C-code will still be compiled using g++ and as such it is subject to more checks than in Dymola and SimulationX (void* for example from malloc needs to be explicitly cast to the correct type).

thanks, I'll cleanup my code.

As far as I remenber you told me, that the "LibraryDirectory" and "IncludeDirectory" annotations are currently not supported.
Is the implementation of these two annotations already on the todo list?

Frank

They should be, but I think Media support is higher on the list and will take some time to implement.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: