Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

MDT eclipse plugin - model not building

MDT eclipse plugin - model not building

Hello,

I've set up the MDT Eclipse plug-in and tried the VanDerPol model example. Features appear to work fine (e.g. parse error detection, code assistance, etc. ), omlibrary is displayed in the project explorer, and the simulate and plot commands in the MDT Console also respond. The problem I have is that the model does not appear to build.

When I try to build the model using either Project>Build All or the 'Build project' button next to 'Correct Indentation' there is no output in any windows to suggest that a build has happened (should there be some feedback?).

When I invoke simulate(VanDerPol) in the MDT Console Window, I get the message "Simulation Failed. Model:VanDerPol does not exist! Please load it first before simulation."

When I exit Eclipse there is a pop window which states "The OpenModelica compiler is running in the background. Should we stop it? If you have other clients connected choose 'Cancel'." which suggests there may have been an attempt to run the compiler.

I'm new to Eclipse, but I've looked through various configuration windows and can't see anywhere that indicates that the project should build using omc.exe. There is a 'Modelica Syntax Checker' in Project>Properties>Builders but nothing to build the project. Should there be a builder for omc.exe?

Do you have any advice for investigating this problem?

Thank you,

Mark

Re: MDT eclipse plugin - model not building

Hi,

We don't have Project Build in the sense that JDT or CDT has. The project build does nothing (there is just a builder that checks the syntax of the Modelica files).
The actual build is done by the OMC compiler when you call the simulate(Model) command.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: