Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

32bit and 64bit in parallel

32bit and 64bit in parallel

Is it possible to install OpenModelica with 32bit and 64bit in parallel on Ubuntu? Or are both installed anyway and I just need to start the correct one?

Code:

file $(which omc)

tells me it is 64bit

On Windows it should be possible by just installing to different directories, correct?

Re: 32bit and 64bit in parallel

You can, but not in the Ubuntu/Debian packages shipped by us. You can unzip all files into a single directory and call /path/to/openmodelica32/usr/bin/omc. But you need the 386 dependencies for that and Ubuntu doesn't allow lapack, sundials, etc non-native packages. So you need to provide them as well. Annoying current/sad

I usually use debootstrap / schroot to install a 32-bit Ubuntu on top of 64-bit Ubuntu when I want to play with the 32-bit OS. It's more light-weight than a virtual machine; essentially it is a second Ubuntu installation in some directory of your filesystem. So it's convenient; you can use the pre-built binaries and use the same home directory as your regular Linux installation.

OK, thanks. I think I will just use another Virtual Box image or Windows.

Finally I did use Windows to look into some problem with the 32bit version and Annex60:
https://github.com/iea-annex60/modelica … issues/668
OpenModelica seems to be treating some Reals as Integers, is that a bug or is that a feature?
For some numbers it did not matter, but some Integers get truncated in the 32bit version.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic