OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMPython questions

OMPython questions

Hi,
I'm trying to do scripting with OMPython, through the command OMCSession.sendExpression(). I wonder about the command getErrorString, see https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … _api.html. According to the API this should return the error message and the user can choose whether or not to include warnings. However, what I get is all messages: Notifications, Errors and Warnings - even without setting warningsAsErrors = true. Have i misunderstood something or is this a bug?

What I am trying to achieve is to seperate warnings, errors and notifications - can someone advice me on how to accomplish this?

Best Regards!

Edited by: rJonatan - Feb-10-17 12:42:46
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: OMPython questions

You have misunderstood the documentation. You always get all messages. What warningsAsErrors does is similar to -Werror in gcc (it makes warnings into errors) if you want a more pedantic mode (we use this when developing OM). You can use countMessages or perhaps even getMessagesStringInternal if you want to do something similar to what OMEdit uses.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Ok, thank you sjoelund.se for the clarification!

I have another question about using OMPython. I use the command translateModelFMU, which according to the API returns the full path of the generated FMU. Does anyone know how I access this filename through OMPython? If I do

answer = omc.sendExpression('translateModelFMU(my_model)'),

I get a string:

SimCode: The model my_model has been translated to FMU.

But how do I get the path?

Yeah, we should return the filename, not that message.
Basically it should be my_model.fmu in the current directory (you can get that with cd() command).

I opened a ticket about this:
https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/4262
and we should fix it.

OK, thank you ardpo!

I updated to OpenModelica 1.11.0-32bit and now I have new problems with OMPython. First I got an ImportError: No module named omniORB. This I managed to bypass by adding to path "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\lib\python". Now however I don't manage to run commands via OMCSession.sendExpression(). The example I run is

import os
import sys

sys.path.insert(0, "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\share\omc\scripts\PythonInterface")
from OMPython import OMCSession
sys.path.insert(0, "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\lib\python")
os.environ['USER'] = 'jonatan'
omc = OMCSession()

answer = omc.sendExpression("loadModel(Modelica)")
print answer

The error I get is

File "C:/Users/jonat/workspace/sandbox/test_ompython.py", line 22, in <module>
    answer = omc.sendExpression(cmd)
  File "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\share\omc\scripts\PythonInterface\OMPython\__init__.py", line 245, in sendExpression
    answer = OMTypedParser.parseString(result)
  File "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\share\omc\scripts\PythonInterface\OMPython\OMTypedParser.py", line 82, in parseString
    return omcGrammar.parseString(string)[0]
  File "C:\OCT-1.0rc1\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyparsing.py", line 1162, in parseString
    raise exc
pyparsing.ParseException: Expected {quoted string, starting with " ending with " | Combine:({["-"] {"0" | W:(1234...,0123...)} [{"." W:(0123...)}] [{W:(eE) W:(0123...,0123...)}]}) | Forward: ... | Group:({Suppress:("{") [Forward: ... [, Forward: ...]...] Suppress:("}")}) | Group:({Suppress:("(") [Forward: ... [, Forward: ...]...] Suppress:(")")}) | {Suppress:("SOME") Suppress:("(") Forward: ... Suppress:(")")} | "true" | "false" | {"NONE" Suppress:("(") Suppress:(")")} | Combine:(Forward: ...)} (at char 1), (line:2, col:1)

Before this command and similar was working fine, can someone help me with what changed?

By the way, I also saw that there are now new features of OMPython: https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … interface. Does this perhaps mean that the old syntax is incompatible with new versions of OpenModelica?

Best regards,
Jonatan

Have you installed OMPython after updating?

Code:

cd C:/OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit/share/omc/scripts/PythonInterface
python setup.py install

Adeel.

Hi Adeel,

Thank you for the advice. I had tried installing OMPython via pip install, after the update of OpenModelica, but that didn't help me. I also now tried the setup.py install command that you suggested, but I still get the same error. The problem is not with creating an OMCSession object, the problem comes once I want to start executing commands. Any other ideas?

That's strange because I can run the commands without any issue,

Code:

>>> omc = OMCSession()
2017-02-23 15:58:58,647 - OMCSession - INFO - OMC Server is up and running at file:///c:/users/adeas31/appdata/local/temp/openmodelica.objid.2b4416f5aed74c6a8b907ae7b35b3aab
>>> omc.sendExpression("getVersion()")
'v1.12.0-dev-230-g40f70ce (64-bit)'

However, I am using the 64-bit version but I don't think that is the problem.

Can you post the output of setup.py and the commands above?

Adeel.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I tried what you suggested and it worked as it should. I also got it to work in my script, perhaps I had to restart my IDE after doing setup.py in order for it to work.

Now I have another error though, so I may post again once I've looked into it. current/smile

Hi again,

My new error comes when using the command translateModelFMU() via OMPython. Again this was something that ran succesfully before I updated the OpenModelica vesion. Now I get the following warning if I work through the OMShell:

translateModelFMU(x, fileNamePrefix="model")
"SimCode: The model x has been translated to FMU"
Warning: The initial conditions are not fully specified. For more information set -d=initialization. In OMEdit Tools->Options->Simulation->OMCFlags, in OMNotebook call setCommandLineOptions("-d=initialization").

In this case the getErrorString() is empty. If I instead work through OMPython I get some information from getErrorString():

omc.sendExpression('translateModelFMU(x, fileNamePrefix="model")')
'SimCode: The model x has been translated to FMU'
>>> omc.sendExpression('countMessages()')
(4, 0, 4)
>>> omc.sendExpression('getErrorString()')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "OMPython\__init__.py", line 245, in sendExpression
    answer = OMTypedParser.parseString(result)
  File "OMPython\OMTypedParser.py", line 82, in parseString
    return omcGrammar.parseString(string)[0]
  File "C:\OCT-1.0rc1\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyparsing.py", line 1162, in parseString
    raise exc
pyparsing.ParseException: Expected end of text (at char 192), (line:1, col:193)

Anyone who knows what may be causing this problem? And do you know why I get slightly different feedback depending on if I use OMPython or if I work directly in the OMShell? I've experienced this apparent inconsistency several times.

Best greetings!

Edited by: rJonatan - Feb-23-17 16:00:11

Note that  1.11.0 32bit OMC has issues when building models.
The bug was fixed recently in 12.0-dev:
https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/3894
We should port these fixes to 1.11.1 or so but it will take a while.

There are two alternatives for you:
1. use 64 bit 1.11.0
2. upgrade to 1.12.0-dev 32bit nigthly-builds:
    https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … lds/32bit/

You get different output because OMShell always call getErrorString() with every command.

The output of translateModelFMU(x, fileNamePrefix="model") is,

"SimCode: The model x has been translated to FMU"

The output of getErrorString() (in this case) is,

"Warning: The initial conditions are not fully specified. For more information set -d=initialization. In OMEdit Tools->Options->Simulation->OMCFlags, in OMNotebook call setCommandLineOptions("-d=initialization"). "

If you call following commands from OMPython you should get the same output,

Code:

omc.sendExpression('translateModelFMU(x, fileNamePrefix="model")')
omc.sendExpression('getErrorString()')

Adeel.

as example you can see this sample for Windows

-create one new folder in windows
-in this folder put/create 2 new files      file1.py and file2.bat

--the file1.py content is:

import os
    import sys
    sys.path.insert(0, "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\share\omc\scripts\PythonInterface")
    from OMPython import OMCSession
    sys.path.insert(0, "C:\OpenModelica1.11.0-32bit\lib\python")
    os.environ['USER'] = 'stefanache'
    omc = OMCSession()
    omc.sendExpression("loadModel(Modelica)")
    omc.sendExpression("loadFile(getInstallationDirectoryPath() + \"/share/doc/omc/testmodels/BouncingBall.mo\")")
    omc.sendExpression("instantiateModel(BouncingBall)")
    omc.sendExpression("simulate(BouncingBall)")
    omc.sendExpression("plot(h)")

--the file2.bat content is

@echo off
    python file1.py
    pause

-then click on file2.bat

... and please be patient!

must apear the plotted result window

Hi !

I am actually scipting using OM Python, however when I run ModelicaSystem method on a model that I created it generates an empty model with this error one the screen :

model_path = omc.sendExpression("getInstallationDirectoryPath()") + "/share/doc/omc/testmodels/"
mod = ModelicaSystem(model_path + "CircuitRC.mo", "CircuitRC")
loadFile Error: Notification: Automatically loaded package Modelica 3.2.1 due to uses annotation.

Thanks for your help

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic