Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Using FMU in an own c++ realtime application

Using FMU in an own c++ realtime application

Hello, at the moment I do a research about the features of openmodelica and it's usability to create simulation models, that can be used in an own c++ realtime application.

The actual state of my research is:

1) I made a test model in openmodelica which works fine. I use the dassl solver.
2) I export the model as FMU 2.0 (ME&Co).
3) I wrote a class encapsulating the fmi-library calls. This class I use in a standalone realtime simulation. I can load the FMU and call fmi2_do_step.

Until here, I run into trouble: After some investigations (because I am new to openmodelica) I have found that the co-simulation only supports forward euler. But because of the model I need dassl algorithm as solver (best: same solver like openmodelica uses).

How to proceed?

1.) Is it planned to implement dassl in FMU cosimulation in the near future (< 3 month)?
2.) Should I implement an own dassl solver ? But I am new to this and have only small knowledge on solvers. Does anybody do so already and can give some hints / code segments?
3.) Is it possible, to "extract" the dassl solver from openmodelica and link it to an own standalone application?
4.) Should I kick the FMU concept and should I concentrate on the generated code and integrate it as source + own dassl?
5.) Does someone have any other suggestion? I heard about UPC simulation? What is this, how to do it?

I personally would prefer version 1). During testing with openmodelica (different own model creations) I have seen, that if the dassl solver fails during simulation, automatically a fallback solver is used and the simulation continues. For usage in a realtime system this is what I want!

Regards

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: