Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Solving Modelica and a PDE in an external FEA program simultaneously

Solving Modelica and a PDE in an external FEA program simultaneously

Hello,

I am investigating the feasibility this project.  I would like to couple Open Modelica and the Moose Multiphysics Framework.  Moose solves systems of non-linear PDE's on finite elements using libmesh and petsc.  There is a interface in Moose where you can add scalar equations to the system of equations being solved in the Moose problem.  My idea is to create a solver for Open Modelica which uses Moose as a backend.  That way, the system of equations including the modelica model and the PDE on N-D finite elements can solved in one system of non-linear equations.

I'm starting to look around in Open Modelica source code to see how the system of equations is assembled and passed to the solver.  I've started here: OpenModelica/OMCompiler/SimulationRuntime/c

Are there any places in particular where you would recommend looking?  Is there any documentation relevant to this problem that you would recommend reading?

Adam

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: