OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Solving Modelica and a PDE in an external FEA program simultaneously

Solving Modelica and a PDE in an external FEA program simultaneously

Hello,

I am investigating the feasibility this project.  I would like to couple Open Modelica and the Moose Multiphysics Framework.  Moose solves systems of non-linear PDE's on finite elements using libmesh and petsc.  There is a interface in Moose where you can add scalar equations to the system of equations being solved in the Moose problem.  My idea is to create a solver for Open Modelica which uses Moose as a backend.  That way, the system of equations including the modelica model and the PDE on N-D finite elements can solved in one system of non-linear equations.

I'm starting to look around in Open Modelica source code to see how the system of equations is assembled and passed to the solver.  I've started here: OpenModelica/OMCompiler/SimulationRuntime/c

Are there any places in particular where you would recommend looking?  Is there any documentation relevant to this problem that you would recommend reading?

Adam

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: