Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

I have been using OpenModelica for a while.  I would like my OpenModelica version updated reasonably frequently.  I always compile the source tree (obtained from read only Git repo.)  on my Linux box.

What is the optimal procedure to reduce build time?
Is it necessary to use   --without-omc  flag every time the OMCompiler is updated? 
I use "git submodule foreach --recursive "git pull" to update my sources.
Can I avoid "make clean" to reduce the build time?  ... because only few sources files would have changed.

Some pointers will be much appreciated.

Re: Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

The usual way would be to "cd OMCompiler && git pull && make -j4", especially if you have 2 copies of OMC around. One that you configure --without-omc and the other one you configure --with-omc=/path/to/first/omc. This makes full recompilation a lot faster (do not need to bootstrap in 3 stages) and a lot less messy if you somehow break OMC. Sometimes "git pull && make -j4" doesn't work, but it's quite fast to just try updating and compiling and see if it works.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: