OpenModelica

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

I have been using OpenModelica for a while.  I would like my OpenModelica version updated reasonably frequently.  I always compile the source tree (obtained from read only Git repo.)  on my Linux box.

What is the optimal procedure to reduce build time?
Is it necessary to use   --without-omc  flag every time the OMCompiler is updated? 
I use "git submodule foreach --recursive "git pull" to update my sources.
Can I avoid "make clean" to reduce the build time?  ... because only few sources files would have changed.

Some pointers will be much appreciated.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Recommended procedure to keep up with Modelica nigtly bukld

The usual way would be to "cd OMCompiler && git pull && make -j4", especially if you have 2 copies of OMC around. One that you configure --without-omc and the other one you configure --with-omc=/path/to/first/omc. This makes full recompilation a lot faster (do not need to bootstrap in 3 stages) and a lot less messy if you somehow break OMC. Sometimes "git pull && make -j4" doesn't work, but it's quite fast to just try updating and compiling and see if it works.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: